There are many reasons why people are shitty. I started observing this quite early in life, so I have encountered a lot of shitty people despite spending much of my life avoiding them.
Regular readers following the sad story of SB will know that I have encountered quite a vast array of shittiness, for no apparent reason and despite trying very hard to over-compensate.
Ok so let us go back to the beginning of shittiness:
- Personality disorder – some people are shitty from birth. They cannot help being shitty, and the only thing you can really do about it is make sure they are unable to harm you any further, because they won’t stop as long as you allow them airtime.
- Associated personality issues – some people do not have the faculties to deal with their surroundings, so they pretend to be stupid in order to function. This can be quite aggravated and involve severe bullying and causing trauma to others to self-protect. It is far better to be the bully than the bullied, apparently.
- Selfishness – in the event that you are smart yet corrupt then the obvious thing to do is take advantage of other people’s shittiness to further your own agenda.
Ok so that covers my family.
Further shittiness has been mainly work-related, since I do not choose to spend my time with people socially any more. I did not, however, find I had terribly many problems socially because from an early age I did not choose to commit to single social groups, mainly because it was so boring and insular.
- Ambition – this makes people shitty. Sometimes they will practice on a selected victim in the hope that this will benefit them later.
- Attention – people can get shitty because they seek attention and do not know how to get it any other way. This varies between personal inadequacy, lack of social skills, fear of emotion, or attachment disorders. I kicked Wolfe in the shins for years for this reason.
- Bonding – some people bond over being shitty to others. The girl probably had a marginally easier time when being volunteered into being shitty, until it was far too late. Why SB needed to use me to bond her to him I do not know, since he clearly is the person with the power in that relationship, even from casual observation. What seems odd is the complete denial that it even exists. I doubt very much her conversations are relayed to his manager for perusal and shaming purposes. (the attempt at shaming me was almost hilarious – “so, you are making a CHAIR”)
- Curiosity – if you look remotely interesting or do not respond with the herd, people sometimes get shitty to try to persuade you to conform. Don’t.
- Self-limitation – this is a huge one in Scotland. Anybody doing anything is ‘giving themselves airs’ or assuming some sort of superiority, even when all the evidence points to the contrary.
- Assumed superiority – people often assume they deserve status they have utterly failed to earn.
- Lack of self-esteem. People are often shitty because they hate themselves. This can go back years and affect even quite major figures.
- Paranoia – sometimes people are shitty because they assume you don’t like them, even though you don’t know them at all.
And sometimes people are shitty because they detect vulnerability and decide to kick you in the teeth for no reason other than they can. I’ve had a lot of that since my mother died, and it is not forgivable.
So then, I think we are back to the point of the second video I ever made for Wolfe.
“If God had not meant for them to be shorn, he would not have created them as sheep.”