Ok, so broadly speaking the story of Parvati and Shiva goes along the lines of Shiva being an angry god who fights ‘evil’ (he does some pretty unspeakable things whilst he does that, however) and Parvati is this mature, nurturing figure with a lot of arms who is usually quite sweet but ultimately beats him by blocking a lot of doors.
They fight a lot and have great sex. If you were sufficiently crazy, you would get quite suckered into that. I am sure it would make a fabulous short story.
I’m kind of done with that, however. There is no point in feeding someone who has displayed quite a few negative traits so far.
- The dude obviously hated me on sight, otherwise none of this shit would have happened. Even when I made the initial comment, he not only hid that, but made somewhat encouraging noises.
- Gaslighting – everything I do is obviously crazy, and everything he does is obviously perfect. I’ve been dealing with narcissists from birth, we don’t entertain this BS anymore.
- Flying monkeys – he actually has a whole company doing this for him.
- Domineering – I was trying to gently persuade him that this wasn’t great management, but he clearly prefers it and since I am the one with no job, it obviously works for him.
- Vanity – I don’t mind a bit of vanity, but to completely change your appearance in order to goad some sort of reaction out of a relative stranger rather than just talk to them is a bit extreme.
I would like to have kept in touch with a few people, but it is not a biggie that it is not safe for them to do so. I am not handing out my location when this dude is likely to want to hide behind a pillar and do some more staring and eavesdropping by any means possible.
Broadly speaking, when dealing with people like this, you have to set your own boundaries. Whilst mine are considerably tougher and yet more relaxed in execution,(none of my staff would ever be put in a position where they were shamed for being an artist or lose their jobs for bullshit reasons, for example) I am not likely to be inviting anybody who has contact with him around for tea any time soon. In fact, I don’t want to see anybody for a few weeks.
This is such a shame, if he had managed to feign some interest in me, he would have had a lot more information to go on, but he doesn’t, and I am quite happy for that to be the case.
I am still not likely to want to go anywhere near him however, because of the chemistry issue, which was the most extreme I have ever experienced. You hear stories of people who can’t help themselves from time to time, and you just don’t believe them. I believe them now, this was not controllable at all.
Again, such a shame, but it’s just bad luck on both sides. Bad luck for me because he isn’t very nice. Bad luck for him because I’m not worth destroying.
I am going to go out this weekend. I don’t know where, or when, but I am going to go out. Maybe.